Don’t despair my fellow vegan protein warrior – your answer is nigh….
Could this be the best organic hemp protein powder?
180 Nutrition Organic Hemp Plus is, in my honest option, not only the best organic hemp protein you can buy; it is by far the best vegan protein powder I’ve tried! Hallelujah for 180 – you smashed it and raised the bar for all other vegan protein powders out there.
- This stuff is like drinking a chocolate brownie, with extra chocolate on top.
- And then some more chocolate sprinkles.
- And it mixes properly.
- And there’s no chalk to coat cheeks or teeth! Woohoo!
You may remember my review of Amazonia Raw Slim & Tone Protein? Let’s just say it wasn’t my fave. At the time of writing that review, my statement was:
“ To this day I have not found a single non-whey protein that doesn’t have that chalky texture. They just don’t mix properly with liquid.”
But my, have I found the holy grail of proteins now! If you, like me, have given up all hope of ever finding a decent vegan protein powder, bite the bullet just one more time and try 180. You will not regret it.
What’s in there?
- 180 Hemp Blend
- organic cacao
- organic hemp protein
- organic sprouted brown rice protein
- organic sprouted and fermented pea protein,
- organic maca root powder
- organic cacao
- organic stevia
No numbers, no preservatives, no gluten, no dairy, no soy.
Is Hemp Protein good for me?
Yep, no doubt about that.
Yep, no doubt about that. Why’s that you ask? Read on for just some of its plentiful benefits…
- Hemp is an excellent source of protein as it’s easily digested, so your body can use it efficiently.
- Hemp protein is high in fibre (both soluble and insoluble) which is awesome for all sorts of things, from preventing constipation to lowering the risk of diabetes.
- Hemp protein has all your amino acids, including the essential ones your body can’t make itself
- Hemp protein helps improve circulation and increases blood flow
- Hemp protein has a beautiful balance of omega 3, 6 and 9
- Hemp seeds (and thus hemp powder) contain prostaglandin which may help with inflammation, hormones, period pain, and numerous other benefits (see Hormone Health Network for more) )
What does it look like?
The protein powder itself is medium brown and fluffy. There are some white particles visible in the powder. The scoop is a standard plastic one (NOT the one shown in the photo to the left. It’s more like a washing powder scoop); easy to use with a big enough handle to scoop with. It was hidden inside the powder, so a bit messy to get out – worth the treasure hunt though.
Packaging is an organic-looking zip lock bag which re-closes well. I probably prefer the Amazonia packaging (if the lid closed properly, which is doesn’t), but the bag functions well enough. It’s brown with purple which looks nice and it’s inviting. A bag is 480g, which gives you 14 serves if you read the website, or 12 serves if you read the packaging.
As far as I can figure a serving is 40 grams, so 480 grams gives you 12 serves.
How much does 180 organic hemp protein cost?
A 480 gram bag of organic hemp plus costs $44.95. There are 12 servings in a bag. A 40 gram serve costs $3.75.
Shipping is free for orders over $100 within Australia. Which is clever, as 2 bags would cost you $89.90. Shipping for orders under $100 cost $12, so it’s worth getting another bag, or adding something else like the Organic Peruvian Cacao Powder ($21.95)
- Taste. This is the only vegan protein I’ve found that doesn’t taste like flavoured chalk.
- Real Food, no crap.
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Soy free
- Digestible – I had NO tummy trouble after drinking this! That’s like a miracle for me. Even Isowhey High Carb, High Protein had me running, as did Bioglan.
When do you drink or eat Organic Hemp Plus?
When I skip breakfast (yes, I admit it) it’s a great lunch, used as above.
I can’t wait to use it in chocolate cakes, muffins, cupcakes, protein balls etc. as the chocolate flavour is strong and would come out beautifully in baking. Or non-baked goods like raw protein balls or raw cakes – with almonds or cashews; yes! *Insert stomach growl*
There are some incredible recipes on the 180 website, check them out for inspiration!
About 180 Nutrition
They realised that:
- Nutrition and exercise are incredibly powerful
- It was hard to find a protein supplement to help with recovery after exercise that wasn’t full of chemicals.
180 Nutrition was founded in 2010. They now provide us with not only an amazing range of protein powders, but free uncomplicated health advice via video and podcast interviews, ebooks and recipes as well.
So please, stick around, explore and enjoy what we have to offer as we’ve one goal in mind, to help you get fitter and healthier every day!
Current promotions & Coupons
- Sign up to the newsletter for exclusive deals and 2 FREE gifts
- Free Greens with every $99 order – limited time only
- FREE Smoothie Wellness Guide with every order for a limited time only
- 4x FREE serves of 180 Superfood Protein Blend – limited time only!
Recipes using 180 Nutrition Organic Hemp Plus
You can download your free recipe book with over 25 simple & delicious healthy recipes here: Free 180 Nutrition Recipe Book
I was going to just have a quick browse but ended up printing the whole 56 page marvel. You’ve been warned.
Recipes you’ll find inside:
- Super Quick Veggie Scramble
- 180 Sweet Potato Chips
- 180 Zucchini Dip
- Rich Chocolate Protein Cake
More recipes can be found on the 180 Nutrition website: www.180nutrition.com.au/recipes
Where to buy 180 Nutrition Proteins?
- Buy online at the 180 Nutrition website and have it delivered straight to your door. Free shipping over $100.
- Buy in store at a range of stockists (listed on 180’s website). Simply enter your postcode and 180 Nutrition stockists near you will pop up. My nearest is the Grazing Goat Cafe in Mackay – I must visit a cafe with a name like that.
Warranty on Protein Powder?
Yep, you can’t go wrong with 180 Nutrition. They offer a risk free trial of their products, with a 100% money back guarantee. Not that you’ll need it, but it does give you piece of mind. Especially after trying 20 different vegan proteins, all costing $50+, and all being crap. That’s $1000 worth of crap.
I’m sold. My search for the best vegan protein powder is over. Not only do I love the chocolatey Organic Hemp Plus, I also love 180’s coconutty Superfood Blend. I created a smoothie using custard apple the other day, using Superfood Blend and nearly died and went to heaven.
Try it and let me know what you think in the comments below.