Very, very delicious - just the right amount of sweet to be a treat, but plenty of nutrition for a great snack
- 1/2 cup milk Soy, Almond, Coconut, Dairy....
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 1 handful strawberries fresh or frozen, greens removed
- 1 pear Ripe, peeled & cored
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla or 1/2 teasp extract or essence
- 1/2 Avocado Optional
- 6 ice cubes Optional
Add all ingredients to you blender, starting with the liquids. Blend for 30-60 seconds. Enjoy!
- You can use any milk in this recipe. My favourite is Bonsoy soy milk, it's creamy, sweet and full of goodness. Not all shops stock Bonsoy - if you can't find it you can use any other, or try my second favourite; the PureHarvest range. They can be found in the supermarket, or at Aussie Health Products.
- You can use natural greek yoghurt (such as Jalna), or vanilla yoghurt if you like a sweeter smoothie.
- You can use any berries, fresh or frozen. I often have this smoothie with frozen mixed berries, and sometimes frozen raspberries alone - both are delicious. Any fruit can be used really - throw any in that need using!
- Try and use real vanilla in your smoothies - the essence will give you the flavour, but not the benefit. I have a little bottle of vanilla concentrated extract (from Woolies), and you only need to use half as much as the essence. Aussie Health Products has organic vanilla beans at a good price - you only need a tiny bit for a wonderful smoothie.
- The avocado is optional. I like to add it for extra thickness and nutrition.
- The ice cubes are optional. I love icy cold smoothies, and my Froothie Optimum blender handles them without fuss, but they can be left out no worries.