This is my current favourite, the Spinach Kale Super Smoothie! Awesome for breakfast, the kids love it, it’s quick to make and contains buckets of nutrition. Looking for other recipes? Check out the blog section!
Spinach Kale Super Smoothie
So good for you and yummy too! All the goodness of spinach, kale, banana, chia seed, pear and grapes – enter Smoothie Heaven…
- 1 cup Vanilla or Greek Yoghurt
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 big handful Kale
- 1 big handful Spinach
- 1 Pear
- 1 banana (frozen is yummiest)
- 1 tbsp Chia Seed (pre-soaked or pre-ground)
- 6 grapes (optional – only if using non-sweet yoghurt)
- Add all ingredients into your blender, starting with the liquids, then the chia seed, followed by the rest. Blend for 30-60 seconds – Enjoy!
Click on the images to see these products at Woolies.
I love Jalna’s natural vanilla (Sweet & Creamy) yoghurt, which is pot set with probiotics. Woolies sells it! You can use any yoghurt with this recipe.
I get these great pre-packed, pre-washed Kale & Spinach bags which are fantastic for smoothies. Instead of getting 1 handful each of kale and spinach, I just grabbed 2 big handfuls from this mix. Woolies have a mix with broccoli, spinach & beet leaves too – on my to-try list for sure!
Nutritional values in this smoothie
|Servings per package:||2.00||Total smoothie makes aprox 775g|
|Energy||1640 / 391||kJ / Cal||411 / 98||kJ / Cal|