A delicious smoothie with the goodness of pumpkin, banana, dates & cinnamon! This smoothie is rich, thick, quite sweet and very nutritious. The pumpkin makes it very creamy and doesn’t taste overly pumpkinny. Kids love this smoothie!
Pumpkin is full of vitamins (especially A & C) and minerals, and low in calories. Cinnamon powder has powerful antibacterial and antifungal properties, and is great for when you feel symptoms of a cold coming on. Cinnamon assist the proper digestion of food, which is a delight for the gut. Research* discovered that Cinnamon can help maintain healthy blood sugar levels, as quoted:
Our recent human studies indicate that consuming roughly one half of a teaspoon of cinnamon per day or less leads to dramatic improvements in blood sugar, cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol and triglycerides
- 1 Banana Frozen is best, although fresh bananas can be used
- 1 cup Soy Milk
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin I love the flavour of roasted pumpkin - this is a great way to use up left-over roasted pumpkin. Boiled, or otherwise cooked, pumpkin can also be used, but will lack the creamy flavour.
- 1 serving Protein Powder, Vanilla I use Isowhey Vanilla protein powder, it is non-gritty with great, healthy ingredients and good flavour. One serving of Isowhey is 30g.
- 4 Dates Without pits
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 4 Ice Cubes Optional - I like my smoothies icy cold!
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger or Turmeric These are optional. I left them out as my kids don't like these, but because of their health benefits they would be a great addition.
Add all ingredients to your blender
Blend on high for 30 seconds, or longer if needed. This depends on your blender.
Pour into a glass or smoothie/sports bottle. Add some more ice cubs if you want to, and sprinkle some cinnamon on top for pretty! Enjoy!
* My favourite protein powders at the moment are
I buy Isowhey direct from Isowhey, and Ceres Organics from AussieHealthProducts.com.au, who have a great range of health products. You can visit them & support this blog (affiliate link) by clicking on the image!
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Nutrient Values: